In conjunction with April’s National Stress Awareness Month, Marriott and Renaissance Caribbean & Mexico Resorts is helping draw attention to the benefits of healthy relaxation with special activities at properties throughout the Collection.
The effort kicks off in Los Angeles with a special “De-Stress Express’ themed promotional event at The Grove Shopping & Entertainment Resort tomorrow, April 4th, 2012. Consumers are invited from 12:00 – 7:00 p.m. to take part in stress-reducing activities such as free chair massages and Zen breathing exercises, as well as healthy fitness activities such as body mass index testing and tips on ways to reduce stress and stay healthy while traveling from fitness guru Jennifer Cohen. Cohen, author of the book “No Gym Required”. Cohen, whose expert advice has been featured on such shows as NBC’s Today and Extra, among others, will also lead light workouts at 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Additionally, participants can indulge in stress-relieving dark chocolate as well as “virtual” photo opportunities to picture themselves in exotic Caribbean and Mexico scenes that can then be shared with friends through their social media channels.
Resorts within the “Paradise By Marriott” Collection are offering a variety of special stress-reducing and wellness activities throughout the month of April. All properties will be providing a stress-reducing tip sheet from Cohen to help guests gain maximum relaxation during their trip. Other offerings include:
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino:
- Guests will be served signature Aloe fruit punch at check-in
- The property offers yoga, power Pilates, and beach walks, Tae Bo and more.
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino:
- Fifteen percent off the resort’s signature “Why Knot” massage.
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino:
- Ten percent off all spa treatments for the month of April
- Complimentary green tea available through room service.
- The resort also offers stress-reducing sunrise yoga, sunset yoga and water aerobics year-round
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort:
- Sunrise & sunset yoga upon request once per week.
St. Kitt’s Marriott Beach Resort & The Royal Beach Casino:
- Fifteen percent off spa treatments if booked five days in advance
- Café Calypso is offering peppermint iced tea to help guests relax with soothing and energizing properties.
- Zumba and spinning lessons are being offered to re-energize the body and aqua aerobics in the pool and outdoor yoga classes are available
The property is also offering a Tropical Escape Package at the spa where guests can enjoy two, 25 minute treatments for $99 (excluding taxes and service charge.) In addition, the spa is launching a new signature treatment called Honey Ginger Propolis Journey. This unique and relaxing treatment, priced at $229 for 80 minutes designed to sooth the senses while acting as an immune system booster. Five percent of the package’s profit is donated to support local beekeepers efforts to continue to grow the honey business in St. Kitts and Nevis.
Frenchman’s Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort:
- Ten minutes added on a complimentary basis to any 50-minute or more massage. Ten minutes will also be added on neck, arm and hand massages with any facial.
- Zumba is offered daily as well as yoga three times a week.
JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa:
- Complimentary feet exfoliation during Swedish massage
- Complimentary daily stretching classes
CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort:
- Complimentary bananas provided as a source of potassium to help reduce the effects of anxiety and stress
- A foot soak in salt water to help alleviate swollen feet and reduce stress
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa:
- “De- Stress Express” relaxation corner at the front desk area to enjoy a free five-minute shiatsu massage from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wellness hour with 10% off spa services from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- 2×1 yoga classes (upon request)
- 2×1 spinning classes (upon request)
- Open Laughter Yoga Class
- Simply fish & shrimp festival at Las Casitas restaurant where guests have the ability to choose what kind of fish they prefer and how they want it cooked. Complimentary glass of red wine is also included in honor of Stress Awareness Month.
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa also offers its Escape Relaxation Spa Package. Rates start at $209 per night and include deluxe rooms with private balcony, daily breakfast buffet, welcome drink, in-room spa bath, two free fitness classes, and two 50-minute spa treatments (like a Swedish massage) with farewell gift. Minimum stay with this package is three nights and blackout dates apply. Guests should use promo code ZJ1 when booking
For more information on Marriott and Renaissance Caribbean & Mexico Resorts, visitwww.paradisebymarriott.com.
Marriott and Renaissance Caribbean & Mexico Resorts:
Marriott and Renaissance Caribbean & Mexico Resorts (MARCAM) represents the region’s most luxurious resort properties, each complete with chic accommodations, state-of-the-art amenities and stunning oceanfront locations. The Collection’s nine Resorts situated throughout seven destinations in the Caribbean & Mexico share elevated standards of service, style and reputation that are further magnified by participation in the MARCAM team. Formed in 1997, MARCAM brings a refined level of awareness to this exclusive Collection of full-service properties. For more information please visitwww.paradisebymarriott.com.
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, INC. (NYSE:MAR) is a leading lodging company with nearly 3,700 lodging properties in 72 countries and territories. Marriott International operates and franchises hotels under the Marriott, JW Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, AC Hotels by Marriott, Residence Inn, Courtyard, TownePlace Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, SpringHill Suites and Bulgari brand names; licenses the development and operation of vacation ownership resorts under the Marriott Vacation Club and Grand Residences by Marriott brands and licenses the development of The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club brand to the newly independent Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation; licenses and manages whole-ownership residential brands, including The Ritz-Carlton Residences, JW Marriott Residences and Marriott Residences; operates Marriott Executive Apartments; provides furnished corporate housing through its Marriott ExecuStay division; and operates conference centers. The company is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and had approximately 129,000 employees at 2010 year-end. It is ranked by FORTUNE as the lodging industry’s most admired company and one of the best companies to work for. In fiscal year 2010, Marriott International reported sales from continuing operations of nearly $12 billion. For more information or reservations, please visit our website atwww.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visitwww.marriottnewscenter.com.