We all recognize how midsections can be hard to keep in good shape and how it can discourage your hope of showing off abs and a slender waistline. With these 10 #SOBikini belly fat fighting foods, your hope will return!
Fighting fat has never been easier once you know the foods and beverages that work!
Core clogging fat surrounds vital organs needed for metabolism, detoxification, nutrient absorption and gas exchange so if it takes over, major health problems that affect your liver, pancreas, digestive system and breathing occur. Sluggish internal machinery spits off toxic byproducts, gives inflammation room to grow and diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, sleep apnea and asthma become real. (Source: NutriSource Inc)
Enjoy these 10 foods and help normalize a return to healthy glucose and fat metabolism, stabilize sugar swings, appetite and storage hormones and bust belly fat once and for all!
1) Citrus: These fruits are powerhouse of nutrients and fat fighting compounds that can help you trim that bulge. Fruit delivers antioxidants, fiber and work as a buffer to the high fat, high carb diet. Grapefruits, oranges, and lemons are the best types of citrus to burn belly fat.
2) Soy: If you are still soy shy, its time to revisit this rare and 100% complete plant protein. Soy’s secret weapon is a plant version of estrogen which can promote a diet induced balance in mood, stabilize inflammation from belly fat, improve insulin resistance, and age related changes in our metabolism.
3) Brewed Tea: Tea can enhance your metabolism with numerous plant chemical compounds which give you an edge for healthier hydration without belly fat promoting sweetened beverages. In addition all types of tea will work wonders and help you reduce fat by providing different ratios of antioxidants, as well as tannins, catechins and caffeine to raise metabolism. Brewed herbal teas like mint, chamomille, rose hips, ginger are waistline friendly and work toward helping you to clean out toxins.
4) Probiotics: When bad bacteria in your gut takes over, increases in waist size and midsection fat can follow. Put fat fighters into your system by looking for low fat fermented dairy products like kefir, yogurt, lebneh, buttermilk and some cheeses that carry the phrase contains live active cultures. Be sure to include other little known sources of probiotics from soy like miso and tempeh for a double duty fat fighting finish.
5) Aromatic Herbs: Garlic, onions, basil, mint, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme are among nature’s remedies to level the metabolic playing field. Each contains volatile compounds for helping to regulate body fats by lowering cholesterol and fatty acid buildup so be sure to use them frequently to enhance your recipes.
6) Dark Leafy Greens: Spinach, chard, beet tops, dandelions and all types of exotic lettuce including arugula and watercress are very rich vitamin content and specialized plant chemicals that are therapeutic and cleansing for midsection fat, tone the liver and improve digestion for the very best in metabolic health.
7) Cabbage Family: Look to enjoy an ample portion of super low calorie veggies in this family of cole crops that includes cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower, kale, kohlrabi and brussel sprouts among others. In additon to fiber, vitamin C, calcium and magnesium, these foods revive your metabolism, encourage fat burning and reduce inflammation.
8) Whole Grains/Seeds: Switch out refined starches and improve your fat burning profile by using about 3 servings a day of whole grains like barley, oats, cracked wheat, quinoa, corn and limit other waistline widening starches to one per day. These nutrient dense complex carbs will help to bring about reductions in your waist size from plant chemicals, inflammation fighting fats, fiber, vitamins and trace minerals.
9) Legumes: Beneficial beans and lipo-dissolving lentils are not only high on the antioxidant list to detox your belly fat but are an appetite fix providing you with starchy vegetarian protein instead of refined carbs and fatty meats. The fiber in these foods is an added bonus to boost your metabolism.
10) Detoxifying Veggies & Fruits: Aside from promoting water loss and digestive relief from fiber, celery, artichokes, chili peppers, asparagus, eggplant, berries, apples and melon help to stop free radical damage from unhealthy blood fats, cleanse your organs and give you the final say over your body, your belly fat and your health!