66th EMMYS – Grilled Peach and Heirloom Tomato Salad by Chef Alec Lestr, is in his 19th year as the Executive Chef for the Primetime EMMYS and Creative Arts EMMYS, now in their 66th year.
As a key part of the Patina Restaurant Group team, Chef Alec and a team of over 200 chefs put on a fantastical culinary show as they serve close to 4,000 guests for the 66th Primetime EMMYS Governors Ball gala event.
The 66th Primetime EMMY Awards will be held Monday, August 25, 2014 at Nokia Theatre at LA LIVE in downtown Los Angeles and broadcast LIVE on NBC television. Host, Seth Myers and Executive Producer, Don Mischer will be joined by the EMMY winners, nominees and guests at the annual Governors Ball which takes place in the West Hall at the Los Angeles Convention Center. This year, the convention center Hall will be transformed into a “kaleidoscope of color” complete with a laser light show, dynamic dance performances choreographed to the laser lights, and live performances by recording artist, Judith Hill backed by high energy Top 40 band, The Red Hot Band.
Host your EMMYS at-home viewing party and serve the dishes of the stars. First Course, Grilled Peach and Heirloom Tomato Salad. Peaches are still in season and are delicious lightly grilled and served with fresh figs, peppermint, and toasted Marcona almonds.
For more EMMY Awards Governors Ball details, visit BikiniLifestyles.com In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
66th EMMYS – Grilled Peach and Heirloom Tomato Salad
The 66th Primetime EMMY Awards will be held Monday, August 25, 2014 at Nokia Theatre at LA LIVE in downtown Los Angeles and broadcast LIVE on NBC television.
- 4 little gem lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 fresh peaches, halved, seed removed
- 2 candy stripe or other fresh figs, sliced
- 4 tablespoons honey butter
- 4 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 each red and yellow heirloom tomato, quartered
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped peppermint leaves
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 8 tablespoons marcona almonds
- olive oil
- fleur de sel
- Place little gem lettuce on each of four serving plates.
- Heat a ribbed grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill flesh side of peach halves until light grill marks show.
- Place one peach half on each plate.
- Evenly distribute fresh fig slices on plates.
- Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon honey butter or place as a small dollop on the plate.
- Place one ounce of burrata cheese on plates.
- Place 1 quarter each of red and yellow heirloom tomato.
- Sprinkle all with peppermint and basil.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Drizzle with high quality olive oil and pinch of fleur de sel salt.
- If desired, finish with fresh cracked peppercorns.