Enjoy eggs benedict guilt-free! English muffins are replaced with artichoke bottoms, Canadian bacon is replaced with crispy pancetta and high-fat butter hollandaise is substituted with lower fat mayonnaise or eggless mayonnaise that has been “whipped” together with lemon and yogurt. Non-dairy options: substitute non-dairy yogurt and cream cheese.
The perfect brunch recipe, scrambled eggs are topped with low-fat hollandaise sauce, crispy pancetta and served over artichoke bottoms.
Saturated fat: 4.9g
This recipe is high in minerals that help overall body function such as magnesium, phosphorus, selenium and vitamin C. In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Artichoke Scrambled Eggs Benedict
English muffins are replaced with artichoke bottoms, Canadian bacon is replaced with crispy pancetta and high-fat butter hollandaise is substituted with lower fat mayonnaise or eggless mayonnaise that has been “whipped” together with lemon and yogurt.
- 8 canned artichoke bottoms, (1 1/2 cans), rinsed
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, divided, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1/3 cup chopped pancetta
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt (or non-dairy yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (or non-dairy cream cheese/cashew cheese)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss artichoke bottoms with 2 teaspoons oil and 2 teaspoons oregano.
- Place them top-side down on half of a large baking sheet.
- Spread pancetta in an even layer on the other half.
- Roast until the artichokes are just beginning to brown and the pancetta is crispy, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and water in a small bowl until smooth.
- Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, folding and stirring frequently with a heatproof rubber spatula until almost set, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and fold in cream cheese, the remaining 1 teaspoon oregano and salt.
- To serve, divide the artichoke bottoms among 4 plates.
- Top each artichoke with equal portions scrambled egg, crispy pancetta and creamy lemon sauce.
- Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.