Healthy probiotic-friendly yogurt makes the perfect alternative
to high-fat mayonnaise based aoili. Combined with spicy chili sauce, lemon juice, and fresh parsley, these steamed artichokes will fast become one of your favorite appetizers for dinner parties of any size – even for a party of one!
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Artichokes with Garlic Dip
Combined with spicy chili sauce, lemon juice, and fresh parsley, these steamed artichokes will fast become one of your favorite appetizers for dinner parties of any size even for a party of one!
- 1 cup plain low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley and chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium artichokes, steamed
- Combine all ingredients (except artichokes), blend well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Steam artichokes, see NOTES below
- Serve with the dipping sauce on the side.
- Tips on steaming artichokes: to prep artichokes, wear gloves and use kitchen shears to snip off the prickly tips.
- Bring a large stock pot filled with water to a boil and add the whole artichoke.
- Let cook for about 25 minutes or until al dente (translates literally "to the tooth"; where the leaves are tender but still firm, not mushy). Drain, let cool for a few minutes.