This classic salad is a delicious pairing for holiday meals. Fresh arugula is tossed with chopped Bartlett pear, walnuts, and Pomegranate Salad with a simple balsamic vinaigrette. Serve with holiday turkey, prime rib, or as a side salad or entree all year long.
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Arugula, Pear and Pomegranate Salad
Fresh arugula greens are tossed with pear, walnuts and Pomegranate Salad with a classic balsamic vinaigrette. Serve with holiday turkey, prime rib, or as a side salad or entree all year long.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups fresh arugula greens, washed and dried
- 1 medium Bartlett Pear, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, optional
- Parmesan cheese wedge, for shavings for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss in arugula, pear, walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve about 2 cups per serving.
- Finish with fresh parmesan shavings, if desired.