Side Dish recipe Asparagus Finger Salad from The Bikini Chef® is Fun, finger food for a fresh twist on salads that’s low calorie! In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Asparagus Finger Salad
Side Dish recipe Asparagus Finger Salad from The Bikini Chef® is Fun, finger food for a fresh twist on salads that’s low calorie!
- 8 oz. fresh asparagus spears
- 1/3 cup light dairy sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh snipped chives
- 1 tsp fresh snipped tarragon leaves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large butterhead lettuce or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 small carrot, halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus.
- Cook asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 2-4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer asparagus to a bowl filled with ice water, set aside.
- For dipping sauce, in a bowl combine sour cream, lemon juice, chives, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and chill until serving time.
- To serve, cut center vein from each lettuce leaf, keeping each leaf in one piece.
- Place onto serving plate.
- Pat asparagus dry.
- Cut carrot in half into 4 equal lengthwise strips.
- Divide asparagus and carrots evenly across the lettuce leaves.
- Wrap lettuce around and place into a small upright serving cup.
- Serve with or drizzle on top dipping sauce.