Bangers & Cabbage from St. Patrick’s Day
If you love your St. Patrick’s Day Corn Beef and Cabbage or Bangers and Mash but are tired of the same recipe year after year, try this healthy bikini combo which is high protein, high fiber, maximum flavor! If you are not a huge fan of bangers, use leaner turkey sausage or mild or hot Italian sausage.
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- cup white wine such as sauvignon blanc
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 package of bangers, about 4 links
- tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add cabbage and onion.
- Saute about 2 minutes, add in celery seeds, caraway seeds, wine, salt, and pepper.
- Saute until cabbage is somewhat wilted, adding water as needed to prevent drying.
- Cover with lid and let rest.
- Toss bangers with oil.
- Heat grill pan to medium heat.
- Add bangers and cook until done, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place cabbage on plate, serve with 1 banger.