Chef Ricardo Zarate’s Ceviche Mixto : Celebrate National Ceviche Day everyday with this delicious #SOBikini recipe from Chef Ricardo Zarate of Mo-chica, Picca, and Paiche restaurants in Los Angeles. A light and tasty seafood dish, ceviche is a popular dish in many cultures and can be prepared a variety of ways. Here, calorie friendly, protein-rich calamari, sea bass, shrimp and scallops are blanched and then tossed with leche de tigre – concentrated key lime juice, fish, and blended aji limo (hot pepper) which actually is the by-product of the ceviche preparation. In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Chef Ricardo Zarate’s Ceviche Mixto
Chef Ricardo Zarate’s Ceviche Mixto Celebrate National Ceviche Day everyday with this delicious recipe from Chef Ricardo Zarate of Mochica, Picca, and Paiche restaurants in Los Angeles.
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic puree
- 1 tablespoon aji amarillo paste
- 12 ounces leche de tigre amarillo
- 12 pieces shirmp, blanched
- 24 pieces calamari, blanched pieces 1.5" x 0.5" size
- 6 pieces scallops, blanched
- 24 pieces sea bass, cubes 1" x 1"
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 6 ounces red onion, shaved
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a bowl mix leche de tigre, garlic, aji amarillo paste using a spoon.
- Incorporate all the seafood, cilantro, and red onion.
- Season with sea salt to taste.