Cherry Berry USA Parfait a “The Bikini Chef® Approved” dessert will please the crowd and help keep your #SOBikini figure. Key antioxidant-rich ingredients here… Fresh berries, of course, and protein friendly greek yogurt!
My family prefers blackberries over blueberries but for the traditional “Red, White, and Blue” USA dessert, blueberries rule.
And, using nonfat plain greek yogurt instead of super high fat heavy whipping cream saves over 45 calories per serving AND over 15 grams of fat per serving, including 9 grams of saturated fat! And, guess what else? Using greek yogurt adds 16 grams of protein vs the small 2 grams that comes with using whipping cream.
Want The Bikini Chef® bottom line? This #SOBikini-liscious dessert is definitely worth passing on the thunder-thigh promoting heavy cream.
Serving size: 1 parfait
Saturated fat: 0.0g
Other nutrients worth mentioning:
Vitamin C: 43.0%
Manganese: 58.9% In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Cherry Berry USA Parfait
Cherry Berry USA Parfait Who says holiday desserts have to be filled with sugar, buttery pastries, and well, more sugar! This “The Bikini Chef® Approved” dessert will please the crowd and help keep your figure.
- 32 ounces non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon limoncello (or fine zest of one lemon)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (or in my family’s case, blackberries)
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 24 fresh cherries
- 6 mini-mason jars (or jam jars)
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together yogurt, limoncello, and honey.
- Divide blueberries (or blackberries) equally among each mini-mason jar.
- Divide yogurt mixutre in half.
- Using one-half of yogurt mixture, add a dollop or two on top of blueberries.
- Layer equal amounts of raspberries on top of yogurt mixture.
- Equally distribute remaining yogurt mixture on top of raspberries.
- Finish with fresh cherrieson top, equally divided amongst parfaits.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.