Celebrate National Pot de Creme Day on Monday, August 25! Perfect for your EMMY Awards at-home party or for your next dinner party, this recipe is compliments of one of the most talented and nicest chefs I’ve met, Chef Pascal Lorange. Now, not necessarily the most “bikini” of all recipes and desserts but definitely worth a share and a dessert that will “wow” your guests at your dinner party. Best of all, you can make ahead!
Chef Pascal is the Executive Chef for Fig & Olive, the French Riviera-inspired restaurant that has become a favorite dining spot for celebrities and food lovers everywhere. In the Southern California area, guests can delve into this decadent and delicious Pot de Creme for just $10 at both the Melrose Place and Newport Beach Fig & Olive locations – decadent enough to share!
In this Chocolate Pot de Creme recipe, Chef Pascal uses heavy cream and vanilla bean to give a rich flavor and texture that satisfies the tastebuds and your sweet tooth. Finish your at-home Pot de Creme the professional way, with a hint of finely zested fresh orange. In this recipe, grass fed cream and milk are recommended for better digestive and nutritive qualities as well as dark chocolate with 64% cocoa or greater.
When making this recipe, allow for overnight chilling time.
Serving size: 1 pot de creme
Saturated fat: 15.8g
Good source of vitamin A and calcium In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Chocolate Pot de Creme
Celebrate National Pot de Creme Day on Monday, August 25. In this recipe, grass fed cream and milk are recommended for better digestive and nutritive qualities as well as dark chocolate with 64% cocoa or greater.
- 2 cups heavy cream, grass fed recommended
- 1 1/2 cups milk, grass fed recommended
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 11 ounces of dark chocolate, at least 64% cocoa
- For Vanilla Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream, grass fed recommended
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- orange zest, optional
- Bring heavy cream and milk to a light boil being cautious so as to not scorch, (about 190 degrees).
- In a separate bowl whisk sugar into the yolks.
- Slowly temper yolks and add to milk/cream mixture.
- Mix in chocolate an bring entire mixture to 165 degrees, then place in serving dishes and chill overnight.
- Just before serving, in a medium to large mixing bowl, whisk together cream, sugar, and vanilla bean from one vanilla bean pod until soft peaks form.
- Top the chilled pot de creme with a dollop of whipped cream and finish with a hint of orange zest, if desired.