Sushi-grade salmon is lightly marinated with citrus juices, olive oil, green onion and dill and served with fresh arugula greens.
Serving size: 1/8 pound
Saturated fat: 1.5g
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Citrus Wild Salmon Crudo
Sushigrade salmon is lightly marinated with citrus juices, olive oil, green onion and dill and served with fresh arugula greens. Delicious, healthy meals with The Bikini Chef® approved stamp are delivered to your door for less than $10 a day.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, both white and green parts chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 1 pound sushi-grade wild salmon fillet
- 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- pink himalayan sea salt, as desired (a pinch per serving will do)
- freshly cracked whole black peppercorns
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lemon, orange, grapefruit, and lime juices.
- Whisk in olive oil, then toss in green onion and dill, tossing to coat.
- Place salmon on a work surface.
- Using a fish knife, cut sushi grade salmon against the grain into very thin slices and off the skin.
- Divide slices onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Using a flat dish or flat bottom measuring spoon, press down on the salmon pieces until it spreads out into a very thin layer.
- Place pressed salmon in a small pyrex baking dish.
- Pour over citrus, green onion and dill mixture.
- Let rest for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- On each of 8 appetizer plates, evenly distribute the salmon, reserving liquid.
- Evenly distribute the arugula greens amongst the 8 plates, topping the salmon.
- Finish with an equal drizzle of any remaining juices from the citrus mixture.
- Just before serving, add a pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper