Tacos are delicious for practically any occasion.
These bikini-flattering tacos are packed with healthy fats and protein. Eggs are scrambled with onion, yellow bell pepper and topped with bikini friendly Fortun Santa Fe Verde Sauce and fresh cilantro. Flavorful and using only the freshest ingredients, all you do is heat the sauce and spoon a couple of tablespoons on your taco.
Serving size: 1 taco
Sodium: 475mg In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Egg Soft Taco with Santa Fe Verde Sauce
Tacos are delicious for practically any occasion. These bikiniflattering tacos are packed with healthy fats and protein. Eggs are scrambled with onion, yellow bell pepper and topped with bikini friendly Fortun Santa Fe Verde Sauce and fresh cilantro.
- 4 medium low-carb whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 packet Fortun Finishing Touch Santa Fe Verde Sauce
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) while you prepare the filling for the tacos.
- In a medium skillet, melt the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and yellow bell pepper and cook, stirring, for about 5 to 7 minutes or until softened.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, salt and half of the cheese.
- In a small saucepan filled 3/4 with water, heat over medium heat and add the Santa Fe Verde Sauce packet.
- Do not remove the sauce from the packet until heated and ready to serve
- Heat sauce for about 2 minutes, just until warm; let rest in the warm water until ready to use.
- Pour into the skillet and cook, stirring to scramble, until the eggs are just cooked through.
- Remove eggs from heat.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and unwrap.
- Evenly divide the egg mixture between the tortillas.
- Top with the remaining cheese, cilantro, and 2 tablespoons of the Fortun Santa Fe Verde Sauce.
- Fold the tortilla up from the bottom edge to keep the filling from falling out, then fold the sides securely one over the other (the top will be open).