Naturally healing foods of coconut oil, cilantro, tomatoes, bell peppers, and spices also give flavor to this delicious chicken fajita recipe.
This recipe uses whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas, but for the ultimate in food healing fajitas, skip the traditional tortilla wrap and opt for green or red leaf lettuce cups which are filled with natural water content, fiber, and provide a satiating crisp, crunchiness.
Coconut oil provides the good-for-you saturated fat. Cilantro is a natural mineral chelating food. Tomatoes are filled with cancer-fighting properties like lycopene and have a high water content to hydrate the body. And, spices like cumin have anti-inflammatory qualities to help heal and nurture the body.
Serving size: 2 fajitas
This recipe is nutritionally balanced for Renal diets and Renal diabetic diets.
For Renal and Renal Diabetic diets, counts as:
1 vegetable, low potassium In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Food Healing Chicken Fajitas
This recipe uses whole wheat or glutenfree tortillas, but for the ultimate in food healing fajitas, skip the traditional tortilla wrap and opt for green or red leaf lettuce cups which are filled with natural water content, fiber, and provide a satiating crisp, crunchiness.
- 4 six-inch whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 ounces boneless skinkless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sliced green and red bell peppers (about 1/4 pepper each)
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 tablespoons fresh home-style chunky tomato salsa
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven at 300*F for 5 minutes.
- Place oil in a heavy iron skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken, seasonings, and lime juice.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add peppers, onion, and cilantro.
- Stir once or twice and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Divide mixture amongst warm tortillas.
- Wrap and serve with one to two tablespoons fresh salsa.