Fusilli with Summer Tomato Sauce
Recipe Type: Main Dish
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
With perfectly ripe tomatoes, this light, antioxidant, lycopene rich summer sauce will satisfy everyone! Pair with a simple, slightly acidic red wine for an extra antioxidant boost!
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In food processor, blend the tomatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper and puree.
- Add the basil and pulse to just mix.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water (approx 11mins).
- Drain the pasta and toss with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Let sit for about 1 min then serve.
- Garnish with Parmesan on top, to taste.
Catch The Bikini Chef on Bikini Lifestyles “Wine Dine and Workout” on AM 790 KABC radio in Los Angeles Saturday nights, 7pm PT or stream LIVE online at http://www.kabc.com Visit: http://www.bikinilifestyles.com Check your local TV listings for Bikini Lifestyles “Wine Dine and Workout” airings in your town!
Purchase books by The Bikini Chef:
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook available for pre-order on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Quinoa-Cookbook/dp/1615641939/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337916843&sr=8-1
In stores: July 3rd, 2012
Other books by The Bikini Chef:
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Follow The Bikini Chef: