Created as an entree salad, this salad produces complex flavors from the variety of fresh herbs. From the use of organic lavender in the dressing to the fresh dill, tarragon, and mint in the heart of the salad, flavor abounds in this delicious dish.
From a nutritional point of view, if your diet is lacking fiber, one serving of this tasty entree provides over 15 grams of dietary fiber per serving which is nearly 60% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Each serving also packs in a whopping RDA of 214% of Vitamin C and is remarkably high in Vitamin A. Walnuts are a natural superfood and are vital to brain health. A great source of calcium and iron, this salad is a must-add to your healthy recipe box.
Serving size: 1
Saturated fat: 2.7g
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Herb Salad with Pomegranate and Walnut
From a nutritional point of view, if your diet is lacking fiber, one serving of this tasty entree provides over 15 grams of dietary fiber per serving which is nearly 60% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA).
- For vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon organic lavender
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon creamed horseradish
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch pink himalayan sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- For salad:
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup watercress
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 green onion, white and green parts chopped
- 1 small granny smith apple, diced with skin on
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- good quality parmesan cheese wedge or parmiggiano reggiano cheese
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lavender, olive oil, vinegar, horseradish, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens, watercress, dill, tarragon, mint, tomatoes, pomegranate, red onion, green onion, granny smith apples, and walnuts.
- Toss to combine.
- Drizzle in dressing and toss well to coat.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave cheese and place on top of salad when serving.