A simple yet flavorful approach to potatoes. New potatoes are tossed with coconut butter, fresh herbs of parsley and chives and seasoned with cracked black pepper. Serve in place of mashed potatoes which are usually high in both butter and cream. With plenty of flavor from the herbs, coconut butter and pepper, you can skip the salt or use a small pinch of natural sea salt when serving.
Serving size: 1 cup
Saturated fat: 1.9g
Nutrition analysis based on CalorieCount.com recipe analyzer. This recipe is low in cholesterol, low in sodium, high in fiber, potassium, and vitamins B6 and C.
Herbed New Potatoes
A simple yet flavorful approach to potatoes. New potatoes are tossed with coconut butter, fresh herbs of parsley and chives and seasoned with cracked black pepper.
- 12 small new potatoes
- 4 teaspoons coconut butter
- 4 teaspoons fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Fresh parsley sprigs optional for garnish
- *Note: Herb Roasted Potatoes shown here
- Peel 1/2 inch strip around the center of each potato and immediately place potatoes into medium saucepan of cold water.
- Add enough additional water into saucepan to cover the potatoes by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil until the potatoes are easily pierced by a fork but not firm, approx 20 mins, then drain.
- Do not over cook.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Melt the coconut butter.
- Stir in minced parsley, chives, and pepper into melted butter.
- Pour butter mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.