While visiting my sister in Florida recently, she made this powerful The Inflammation Crusher Smoothie that contains anti-inflammatory properties and provides numerous health benefits.
A delicious blend of beet, ginger, avocado seed, pineapple stem, and manuka honey, this anti-inflammation smoothie makes 6 8-ounce servings.
An inflamed body is limited in its ability to fight diseases including cancer and heart disease. As well, inflammation in the body prevents weight loss and just makes you downright uncomfortable. The Inflammation Crusher Smoothie contains unique cancer fighting ingredients and detoxifying “artery scrubbing” ingredients that will reduce inflammation, promote weight loss, and help bring nutritional balance to the body.
Pineapple stem and core – pineapple contains protein-digesting enzymes that help improve digestion and also reduce inflammation. The essence of the stem has a higher concentration of these enzymes and yet is still sweet in flavor
Avocado seed – the flesh of avocado has 3 grams of soluble fiber but the seed contains the most soluble fiber of any food on earth. As a side note, avocados, as commonly known, are high in the fat. They are the good fats that promote fat burn, weight loss, and optimal health. A body without the good “healthy” fats will hold on to the fat it already has.
Turmeric– a spice known to be highly effective in cancer-fighting properties and in reducing inflammation
Ginger root – noted for its anti-inflammation and immune boosting properties
Manuka honey – native to New Zealand, manuka honey contains phytochemicals that are proving to be effective in the treatment of stomach ulcers, external wounds, and as a preventative protector against germs
Serving size: 8 ounces
Saturated fat: 2.0g
*NOTE: This recipe is high in vitamin B6 and C and is a good source of fiber, manganese, and is very low in sodium
**Ingredient specific notes from Qigong practitioner, Jeff Primack, from his book, Conquering Any Disease In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
The Inflammation Crusher Smoothie
The Inflammation Crusher SmoothieWhile visiting my sister in Florida recently,she made this powerful smoothie that contains antiinflammatory properties and provides numerous health benefits.
- 1 small fresh beet, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 fuji or similar apple, skin, flesh and seeds
- 1 mango, fruit only
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple with stem and some of the core
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 avocado seed from a medium avocado
- 1/2 lime, remove the green part, keep the pith
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed
- 2 cups water
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Pulse 4 to 5 times to break up the ingredients.
- Increase speed and blend for 1 minute. Repeat two times or until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill.
- To serve immediately, replace 1 cup of water with 1 cup of crushed ice.
- Best if consumed the day of but can be kept up to 2 days.
- *To reach pineapple stem, pull off leaves at the top until you reach the stem top.
- Cut and remove the top and trim the "fur" from the stem.
- Although the "fur" is edible, it gets in your teeth when you drink it.