Think lobster won’t fit into your budget? Think again. These delicious Lobster Tacos are terrific for a quick and easy mid-week meal that won’t bust your budget or your diet. Buy lobster tails when on sale at your local grocery store, steam for 10 minutes, coarsely chop and place in soft taco shells over this slaw with jalapeno sauce.
Freshly shredded cabbage is tossed with red onion, tomatoes and homemade poppy seed dressing, placed in a mini tortilla and topped with lobster, avocado and a dollop of jalapeno sauce made from sour cream, jalapeno juice, chopped pickled jalapenos, lemon zest and white pepper. Recipe serves 4 servings of 2 tacos.
To reduce the carbohydrates and calories per serving, use only 1 mini tortilla per taco.
For dairy-free versions, use non-dairy greek-style yogurt. For tacos, use your choice of whole wheat, corn or flour mini tortillas or gluten-free versions.
Serving size: 2 tacos
Saturated fat: 4.4g
This recipe is high in fiber with 56% RDA, high in protein, and high in selenium and vitamin C.
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
These delicious Lobster Tacos are terrific for a quick and easy mid-week meal that won’t bust your budget or your diet.
- 3 medium lobster tails
- 16 mini wheat, corn, or flour tortillas
- For Jalapeno Sauce:
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup non-fat sour cream (or non-dairy greek-style yogurt)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno juice, hot or mild
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- fine zest of 1/4 lemon
- pinch of white pepper
- For Poppy Seed dressing:
- 1/4 cup non-fat mayonnaise (or soynaise)
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 225*.
- Steam the lobsters until cooked yet tender, about 10 minutes, and set aside to cool.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven to warm.
- Make jalapeno sauce by mixing together 1 cup of the sour cream, jalapeno juice, jalapenos, lemon zest and white pepper in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Remove lobster from shell and roughly chop; place in a serving bowl and set aside.
- Make the poppy seed dressing by whisking together remaining 1/4 cup sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, celery seeds, and sea salt in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or salad bowl, toss together cabbage, red onion, and tomatoes.
- Then, toss cabbage mixture with poppy seed dressing.
- To make tacos, take two mini tortillas, top with desired amount of cabbage mixture, lobster, avocado and top with a dollop of jalapeno sauce.