Marinades are a great (and easy) way to wake up foods like chicken, pork, beef, and even seafood. Apple cider vinegar is whisked together with orange, lemon, and lime, spices of dry mustard and fresh herbs of parsley and cilantro.
Marinate for up to one day or a few hours. Perfect for weekends or quick mid-week meals.
Citrus Marinated Chicken Tenders
Serving size: 2 skewers
Saturated fat: 4.3g
*Note: Calorie and fat content may actually be lower because not all of the marinade will be retained. In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Marinated Chicken Tenders
Marinades are a great (and easy) way to wake up foods like chicken, pork, beef, and even seafood.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled and separated
- fine zest of 1 lemon
- fine zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- pinch white pepper
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT chicken in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add chicken and toss well to coat thoroughly.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat medium to large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add marinated chicken and cook until done, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.