Salads are anything but boring so why drench the fresh flavors of radicchio, arugula, and other fresh, flavorful greens with heavy, creamy salad dressings? Fruit forward flavor of pomegranate is featured here with other antioxidant friendly ingredients of walnut, chia, and chopped kale.
Serving size: about 1 ½ cups
Saturated Fat: 2.1g
Per serving, this recipe contains 227% of the RDA for vitamin A, 59% vitamin C, and 40% of the RDA for fiber.
BERLIN – Terri Nunn loves fresh greens! This recipe was the featured Recipe of the Week on The Bikini Lifestyles Show. Hear what Terri Nunn eats to stay in fabulous “#SOBikini” shape in this free podcast: BERLIN – Terri Nunn on The Bikini Lifestyles Show In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Mixed Greens with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Why drench the fresh flavors of radicchio, arugula, and other fresh, flavorful greens with heavy, creamy salad dressings? Fruit forward flavor of pomegranate is featured here with other antioxidant friendly ingredients of walnut, chia, and chopped kale.
- 1/3 cup no-sugar-added pomegranate or raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ orange zest
- ½ lemon zest
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 bunch kale leaves, finely chopped (equates to about 2 cups chopped)
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons fresh parmesan shavings, if desired
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, orange and lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in chia seeds.
- Add onion, mixed greens, chopped kale, and pomegranate seeds.
- Toss well to coat.
- Place on each of 4 serving plates and sprinkle with a few walnuts and finish with approximately 1 tablespoon parmesan shavings.