Freshen up your Oscar party with this #SOBikini flavorful and nutrient-packed party dip that will give you and your guests energy to celebrate with the Stars all night. Enjoy this simple recipe adapted from Food & Wine magazine March 2012 issue of Miso-and-Nut Dip.
Super food walnuts are the star of this protein and healthy fat friendly dip that gets a lively zing of flavor from fat burning friendly lemon zest. Dark chocolate pieces, shown here, are optional. Use 70% cocoa or greater for optimal health benefits. In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Oscar Party Dip
And let’s face it, the typical crudite with Ranch Dip went out of fashion ages ago. Freshen up your Oscar party with this flavorful and nutrientpacked party dip that will give you and your guests energy to celebrate with the Stars all night.
- 3 tablespoons blanched almonds, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon fine grate lemon zest
- 1/2 cup miso
- 1/4 cup 70% cocoa dark chocolate pieces, optional
- Place toasted nuts in a food processor and process until they form a paste.
- Transfer mixture to a medium mixing bowl and add water, lemon zest, and miso.
- Stir to combine and serve with fresh sliced radishes, beet chips, fresh crisp asparagus, carrots, celery, and green onion stalks.