Oscar® Worthy Appetizers – Now, that’s a lot of food! And this is just a portion of the delicious cuisine by Wolfgang Puck that celebrities and guests will be enjoying after the 87th Annual Academy Awards �presentation on Sunday, February 22 at the coveted Governors Ball in the Nokia Theatre ballroom.
For the 21st consecutive year, famed and well-loved Chef Wolfgang Puck has created an Oscar worthy menu that wows crowds visually and of course, their tastebuds. Dine like the stars by serving up Oscar winning appetizers like this menu from Wolfgang Puck:
Featured recipe: Smoked Salmon Oscar Matzo
Other winning appetizers and desserts you can be enjoying along with the stars:
Spicy Tuna Tartare in Sesame Miso Cone (make your own tartare and serve on wonton crisps)
Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Shaved Truffles
Mini American Wagyu Burgers with Aged Cheddar Cheese and Remoulade (mini cheeseburgers!)
Assorted Pizzas (easy, peazy!)
Homemade Pretzels with Pimento Cheese (Auntie Annies will do just fine)
Deviled Eggs with Spiced Crab
Roasted Nuts with Rosemary, Cayenne, Sea Salt and Brown Sugar
Baked Potato with Caviar (bake red potatoes, top with crème fraiche and caviar)
Chicken Pot Pie
Celery Root Agnolotti with Black Winter Truffles (make your favorite pasta and drizzle with truffle oil)
and for dessert, the Oscar goes to CHOCOLATE!
Wolfgang Puck’s famous Chocolate Coffee Oscar Lollipops
Chocolate Chip cookies
Chocolate Mint Truffles
Assorted Chocolate Barks and Bars
Hollywood Chocolate Mousse and Citrus Crème Brulee
Dark Chocolate Brownies
Bittersweet Chocolate Cupcake with Marshmallow Frosting
WP Artisanal Chocolate Truffles and Bon Bons
and for the non-chocolate lovers,
Passion Fruit Pate de Fruits
White Chocolate Cream and Wild Strawberry Push Pops
Violet Crème Brulee and Blackcurrant Jelly
Strawberry Marshmallow Rocher
Peanut Butter Strawberry Jelly Lollipop
To pair with these incredible foods, sip wine with the stars on Sterling Vineyards Red Carpet Reserve – purchase a nice Sterling Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot – or Sterling Vineyards Limited Edition Gold Standard – a lovely Sterling Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.
Watch the 87th Annual Academy Awards Sunday, February 22 on ABC at 4pmPT / 7pmET In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Oscar Worthy Appetizers – Smoked Salmon Matzo
For the 21st consecutive year, famed and wellloved Chef Wolfgang Puck has created an Oscar worthy menu that wows crowds visually and of course, their tastebuds. Dine like the stars by serving up Oscar winning appetizers like this menu from Wolfgang Puck
- For cracker:
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary plus 2 (6-inch) sprigs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus more for brushing
- For salmon:
- smoked salmon (at least 21 ounces)
- crème fraiche (about 16 ounces)
- caviar such as Petrossian (you can never have too much caviar)
- For flatbread:
- Preheat oven to 450°F with a heavy baking sheet on rack in middle.
- Stir together flour, chopped rosemary, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in center, then add water and oil and gradually stir into flour with a wooden spoon until a dough forms.
- Knead dough gently on a work surface 4 or 5 times.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces and roll out 1 piece (keep remaining pieces covered with plastic wrap) on a sheet of parchment paper into a 10-inch round (shape can be rustic; dough should be thin).
- Cut out in the shape of an Oscar statue, if desired.
- Lightly brush top with additional oil and scatter small clusters of rosemary leaves on top, pressing in slightly.
- Slide round (still on parchment) onto preheated baking sheet and bake until pale golden and browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer flatbread (discard parchment) to a rack to cool, then make 2 more rounds (1 at a time) on fresh parchment (do not oil or salt until just before baking).
- Break into pieces, if using whole; if shaped into Oscar statues, let cool.
- Spread crème fraiche on Oscar statues.
- Top with smoked salmon and cut to fit the statues.
- Top with caviar and enjoy.
- Pressed for time, spread crème fraiche on a store bought crispy flatbread cracker and top with salmon and caviar.