Pineapple Butterfly with Brandied Wild Berries was inspired my culinary stage with Master Chef Marc Meneau in Bourgogne, France, this dessert is simple an simply delicious.
Pineapple is thinly sliced and trimmed into the shape of a butterfly wing. The pineapple slices are then grilled and served with wild berries which have been made into a compote with brandy and orange. The center of the butterfly is a light and flavorful sponge-style cake or a luscious bread pudding.
Saturated fat: 1.8g
This recipe is high in manganese and vitamin C but high in sugar. For recipes high in sugar content, an active lifestyle is recommended.
This recipe was featured on The Bikini Lifestyles Show with special guest, Nancy Silverton. Listen to the free podcast here: Nancy Silverton In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Pineapple Butterfly with Brandied Wild Berries
Pineapple Butterfly with Brandied Wild Berries(Pineapple Papillon avec Brandies Baies Sauvages) Inspired my culinary stage with Master Chef Marc Meneau in Bourgogne, France, this dessert is simple an simply delicious.
- 1/2 pineapple, thinly sliced and trimmed into "butterfly" wings
- 8 slices bread pudding or sponge-style cake
- 1 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- zest of 1/2 orange
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 cup strawberries, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves or 1-2 whole cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to hight heat and lightly grill pineapple slices.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring brandy, honey, orange zest, and orange juice to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add strawberries, blackberries, cinnamon, cloves, rosemary, and lemon zest.
- Simmer an additional 15 minutes or until mixture has been reduced by 1/2.
- To serve, place pineapple side by side on a plate.
- Trim cake slices and place in between pineapple slices.
- Spoon brandied compote over dish.
- Optional, add freshly whipped cream just before serving.