Asparagus are a delicious and healthy side dish or appetizer. In peak season thru June, asparagus pack in vitamin A, fiber, and have a natural water content. Try this simple, easy recipe for your next party or to add variety to mid-week meals.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 16 spears asparagus, (about 1 bunch), trimmed to about 5 inches long
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 thin slices prosciutto, (about 1 ounce), cut in half lengthwise.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Wrap 1 length of prosciutto around the middle of 2 asparagus spears. Repeat, making 8 bundles.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the asparagus bundles, turning once or twice, until the asparagus is tender and charred in spots, about 5 minutes.
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Asparagus are a delicious and healthy side dish or appetizer. In peak season thru June, asparagus pack in vitamin A, fiber, and have a natural water content. Try this simple, easy recipe for your next party or to add variety to midweek meals.