Quinoa Pumpkin Bread with Quinoa flour, coconut oil, and spices of nutmeg and cinnamon pack in the flavor while providing protein and fiber.
To give this delicious bread an extra “pop” of flavor, add a little orange zest and mix in a quarter cup of chopped walnuts for the ultimate superfood boost.
This recipe makes 2 medium loaves which can be sliced into 8 to 10 slices each. Nutrition profile is based on 10 slices.
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated fat: 9.8g
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Quinoa Pumpkin Bread
Quinoa flour, coconut oil, and spices of nutmeg and cinnamon pack in the flavor while providing protein and fiber. To give this delicious bread an extra “pop” of flavor, add a little orange zest.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups toasted quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar (or substitute 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons stevia, if desired)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups cooked and mashed pumpkin (or canned)
- fine zest of 1/4 orange, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two loaf pans with a little extra coconut oil and dust with a little quinoa flour.
- Tap out excess flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together plain flour, quinoa flour, baking soda, sea salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, water, and pumpkin until blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, incorporate the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Do not over-mix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
- Use a table knife to loosen bread from sides of pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Slice each loaf, when ready to serve, into 10 equal slices.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.