Chopped Chicken Salad
Recipe Type: Salad
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 10 mins
Serves: 6 to 8
Slow cooking the chicken makes it super tender and flavorful. This delicious chicken salad is a meal all in one complete with protein, fiber, and packed full of flavor. Use this recipe for leftover bbq chicken, too, and save yourself loads of time!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups bbq sauce of your choice
- 6 cups mixed geens
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 avocados, thickly sliced crosswise
- pinch of sea salt per serving
- pinch of black pepper per serving
- 2 limes, quartered
- Place chicken in a crock pot with your choice of BBQ Sauce.
- Turn on low for 8 hours.
- Place cooked chicken in a medium or large mixing bowl and shred with a fork.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, toss together mixed greens, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, cheese, corn, and onion.
- Place 1 1/2 cups mixed green mixture on serving plate and top with 3/4 cup chicken.
- Top with avocado slices and finish with a pinch of sea salt, black pepper, and squeeze of fresh lime.
Catch Susan Irby The Bikini Chef on Bikini Lifestyles “Wine Dine and Workout” on AM 790 KABC radio in Los Angeles Saturday nights, 7pm PT or stream LIVE online at http://www.kabc.com Visit: http://www.bikinilifestyles.com Check your local TV listings for Bikini Lifestyles “Wine Dine and Workout” airings in your town!
Purchase books by Susan Irby The Bikini Chef:
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook available for pre-order on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Quinoa-Cookbook/dp/1615641939/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337916843&sr=8-1
In stores: July 3rd, 2012
Other books by Susan Irby The Bikini Chef:
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Follow The Bikini Chef Susan Irby:
Shredded Chicken Salad