stove top smokerﾠis used to easily smoke salmon any time of year with your preferred smoking chip shavings. Mesquite or applewood shavings are recommended.
Salmon filets are drizzled with lemon and then smoked and tossed with antioxidant friendly arugula greens and a simple lemon vinaigrette. Once served, fresh asiago cheese shavings finish this delicious bikini-flattering recipe that is perfect for lunch, brunch, or a healthy, easy mid-week meal.
The Italian seasoning used in the recipe is a wonderful blend of dried basil, crushed red pepper flakes and finely crumbled parmesan cheese. This was a gift to me from Kathleen Young of Kelley and Young Wines in the Alexander Valley. Kathleen was a guest on The Bikini Lifestyles Show on Talk Radio 790 KABC. I’ve posted the recipe for this seasoning blend here: Mixed Garden Herbs (search Recipes) In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Smoked Salmon with Arugula
Smoked Salmon with Arugula – A light salad delicious for lunch, brunch, or dinner. Make the salmon ahead and hold in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 3 salmon filets
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 cups water
- For Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- fine zest of 1 lemon
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- at least 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Italian dry seasoning (see note above), about 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 6 cups arugula
- 18 shavings of fresh asiago cheese
- Using a stove top smoker, place salmon on rack and squeeze lemon over each filet.
- Smoke the salmon using mequite or applewood shavings for 18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Make vinaigrette:
- In large mixing bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lemon zest, sea salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning and whisk well until well combined.
- Add arugula and toss to coat.
- Flake salmon into chunks and toss with arugula.
- Place salad on serving plates and top with 3 shavings of cheese.
- *Note: Stove top smokers available for sale in the Bikini Boutique.