Great for your heart, hair, and skin, salmon is one of the best foods you can enjoy for a healthy #SOBikini lifestyle. A very light sauce of soy, maple and orange juice create a simple glaze for this soon-to-be midweek meal favorite.
A favorite of “white” foods in this recipe is #SOBikini cauliflower which is naturally low calorie and high fiber. Heart healthy pistachios round out the dish giving it delicious crunch and beautiful color.
Soy Maple Salmon recipe below… buon appetito! In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Soy Maple Salmon
Great for your heart, hair, and skin, salmon is one of the best foods you can enjoy for a healthy lifestyle. A very light sauce of soy, maple and orange juice create a simple glaze for this soontobe midweek meal favorite.
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 5-ounce skinless center-cut salmon fillets
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Sea salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios or almonds
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Mix soy sauce, maple syrup, orange juice, 2 garlic cloves and 2 tbsp water in a large bowl. Add salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put cauliflower and broth in microwave-safe bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave for 6 minutes, until tender.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Drain the fish, season with salt and pepper, and place on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, until slightly golden around edges.
- Meanwhile, heat EVOO and remaining garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat; cook garlic until broken up (use wooden spoon). Add cauliflower and broth, cranberries, nuts, orange zest, parsley, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste and stir to heat through. Serve with the fish.