Making spring rolls at home is a snap and this recipe for Spiced Veggie Spring Rolls is so easy, even kids will want to join in the culinary fun. These vegetable spring rolls are made with super healthy and tasty asparagus tips, green onion, mushrooms, water chestnuts, slaw and spices of cumin and turmeric. Finely chop the key ingredients and lightly saute in grass fed butter or coconut oil and then wrap in a spring roll wrapper. Enjoy as an entree with brown rice or poached chicken or serve as an appetizer at your next party. Dip in a simple basil pesto or red bell pepper remoulade.
Asparagus is one of the best vegetables for a healthy body. High in the phytochemical glutathione, asparagus is one of the best foods for cancer prevention and helps improve liver function. Other healing ingredients in this recipe include immune boosting garlic, and anti-inflammatory spices of cumin and turmeric which both help improve circulation.
For more on detoxifying foods, read: Detox Your Liver
Serving size: 1 roll
Protein: 4.1g In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Spiced Veggie Spring Rolls
Enjoy as an entree with brown rice or poached chicken or serve as an appetizer at your next party. Dip in a simple basil pesto or red bell pepper remoulade.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or 1 tablespoon grass fed butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 shitake or other mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of asparagus, stems trimmed, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch black pepper
- pinch sea salt
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 3 cups pre-washed slaw mix
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a heavy skillet, add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, asparagus and green onion and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts, turmeric, cumin, black pepper and sea salt and stir about 1 minute.
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper on a flat work surface and place desired amount of slaw in center of wrapper.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of vegetable mixture on top of slaw and roll wrap.
- Serve as an appetizer or entrée as suggested above.