The Bikini Chef® substitutes this recipe with a delicious, healthy and figure flattering dessert for Spring, Summer, all the time. Strawberries provide water, fiber, antioxidants, and a naturally satisfying sweetness.
Serves: 20-25 slices
Total Time: 5 hours (with refrigeration)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated shortening or butter, melted
- 1 1/2 pkg (250g) reduced-fat neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. reduced fat or non fat milk
- 1 cup thawed fat free whipped topping
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 pkg (85g each) strawberry flavored gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Mix graham crackers and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 13×9 inch pan.
- Beat cream cheese and milk until well blended. Stir in whipped topping. Spread over crust and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make gelatin according to package directions. Refrigerate for 1-1 1/2 hours, or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression)
- Stir in fresh strawberries and spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Strawberry Delight Dessert
A delicious, healthy and figure flattering dessert for Spring, Summer, all the time. Strawberries provide water, fiber, antioxidants, and a naturally satisfying sweetness.