A classic dish using fat free ricotta and fressh ingredients for a healthy #SOBikini twist.
- Jumbo pasta shells
- 1 egg, beaten
- 16 ounce fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese, low-fat, divided
- 1/4 lb. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pasta sauce
- 1/4 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta shells and drain.
3. In a large bowl mix egg, ricotta, 1.4 lb. mozzarella, 1.8 lb. parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Stuff the shells with above mixture and place into baking dish.
4. In separate bowl, mix pasta sauce, mushrooms, and cheese reserves. Pour mixture over shells.
5. Bake 45-60 mins- until edges are bubbly.
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
In stores July 3rd, 2012 Other books by The Bikini Chef® Substitute Yourself Skinny, Boost Your Metabolism, $7 Healthy Meals, $7 Quick and Easy Meals, $7 Pressure Cooker Meals, Cooking With Susan Southern Family Favorites