Bell peppers are stuffed with lean turkey, spice of hot sauce, quinoa, and goat cheese. Fresh cilantro balances out this delicious #SOBikini metabolism friendly dish that is perfect as lunch for one or a family dinner. These stuffed bell peppers are so filling; they can be shared, if desired, and served with a light, mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
Happy #SOBikini Recipe Wednesday; Buon appetito!
Serving size: 1 stuffed bell pepper
Saturated fat: 7.2g
Books by The Bikini Chef:
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Turkey Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed bell peppers are so filling; they can be shared, if desired, and served with a light, mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice top off of peppers and scoop out membranes and seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together turkey, hot sauce, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, lemon juice, quinoa, cilantro, and goat cheese.
- Fill peppers with turkey mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle each with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until peppers are tender and mixture has cooked through.