Who says you have to be a true, hard-core vegan to enjoy vegan foods? I’ve slowly cut out all dairy except for a little goat cheese here and there, and have stopped using most gluten flours and I am not gluten sensitive. Why you may ask? It just feels better! And, quite frankly, I believe it tastes better, too.
Chickpea flour, almond meal, cinnamon, raw honey, almond milk and berries make this a pancake breakfast favorite. The chickpea flour and almond meal give the pancakes a rich, creamy texture. To balance out the nut flavor, I added a little raw honey and cinnamon and added the sweetness of fresh berries. For the goat cheese lovers, this could be made into a healthier cheese blintze by serving with warm goat cheese.
Try it… you just may be more vegan than you think!
Nutrients Per Serving:
Vegan Pancakes with Berries
Simply delicious pancakes made with chickpea flour, almond meal, cinnamon and berries
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg replacer
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh mixed berries of blueberries and raspberries (or your favorites)
- All-natural fruit puree, as desired
- Grass-fed butter, as needed
- organic maple syrup, as needed
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together chickpea flour, almond meal, and honey.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond milk substitute, cinnamon, egg replacer, and grapeseed oil.
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined; do not over-mix.
- Stir in berries until just combined.
- Spray a non-stick saute pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop batter onto heated saute pan.
- Cook until edges are dry and top is bubbly.
- Turn and cook about 15 seconds longer.
- NOTE: For thinner pancakes, add a little water to the batter.
- Serve with a fruit puree such as strawberry or apricot or a little grass fed butter and maple syrup.