A delicious energy boosting snack of almonds, almond butter, vanilla, quinoa, black sesame, flaxseed, and a dash of coconut and cocoa powder. One of my preferred snacks for long distance runs, learn more about foods for sports nutrition here: Marathon Training : Nutrition
Saturated fat: 1.3g
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Susan’s Protein Power Snax
Susan’s Protein Power Snax is a delicious energy boosting snack of almonds, almond butter, vanilla, quinoa, black sesame, flaxseed, and a dash of coconut and cocoa powder.
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 3/4 cup whole pitted dates
- 1/3 cup all natural almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ or cooked quinoa
- 1/2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Cocoa powder
- Place almonds in a food processor and pulse to finely chop.
- Add remaining ingredients except coconut flakes and cocoa powder.
- Pulse to blend all ingredients into a paste.
- Form into balls and roll in coconut flakes or cocoa powder.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.