Bikini Beet Smoothie
A delicious blend of fresh ingredients designed to detox and de-bloat!
One of my signature cleanse drinks, this Bikini Beet Smoothie is packed with antioxidants and ingredients that naturally remove toxins from the body (key detox ingredient: cilantro), flush out unwanted bloating, and boost immune health.
As a bonus, this recipe contains foods that are highly anti-cancer, effective for joint repair and tired muscles, and provide a great source of energy. I highly recommend adding this smoothie to your daily – and for sure, weekly – diet. Make ahead of time and keep for 3 days in the refrigerator. Drink in the morning for breakfast and as a refreshing snack during the day.
Key ingredients… all of them! Beets, apple, celery, cucumber, avocado – including the porous avocado seed, lemon, lime, goji berries, turmeric and more. Use distilled water for best health results. Best blended in a 3-horsepower blender, but not essential.
Saturated fat: 0.0g
Bikini Beet Smoothie
Fresh beets, cucumber, avocado, apple, cilantro, spices and herbs are blended into this figure-flattering health boosting smoothie.
- 2 cups distilled water, plus 2 cups
- 1 avocado seed, halved
- 3 large beets, roughly chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, roughly chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1/4 fresh avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ginger root
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- juice of 2 medium lemons
- juice of 2 medium limes
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon egg shell membrane
- 1 tablespoon manuka honey
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- Place 2 cups distilled water in the blender and add the avocado seed halves; add the beets, apple, cucumber, celery, and avocado and pulse 3 to 4 times.
- Add the cilantro, ginger root, mint, lemon and lime juice, black sesame seeds, turmeric, egg shell membrane, manuka honey, goji berries, and remaining water.
- Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately or chill about 20 minutes and serve.
- Store remaining smoothie in the refrigerator for a maximum of 3 days.