Wild salmon with fresh vegetables provides not only delicious flavor for your meal but protein, heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. A perfect dish to keep you feeling strong and #SOBikini fit!
Only 300 calories per serving and loaded with protein!
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 fingerling potatoes (about 8 ounces)
- 4 small red onions, cut into 1-inch slices (about 1 pound)
- 4 Vidalia spring onions, quartered (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cipollini onions (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced fennel (about 7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 cups pea tendrils or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette
- Prepare grill.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and cook 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add onions and sliced fennel to pot of potatoes and cook 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain.
- Toss vegetables with oil. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly browned. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, fennel fronds, and parsley.
- Sprinkle salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place salmon on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place 1 salmon fillet onto each of 4 plates. Toss pea tendrils with Lemon Vinaigrette. Place about 1/2 cup pea tendril mixture over salmon.
- Add 1 1/2 cups grilled vegetables to each serving, and serve immediately.
In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Grilled Wild Salmon
Wild salmon with fresh vegetables provides not only delicious flavor for your meal but protein, heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. A perfect dish to keep you feeling strong and fit!Only 300 calories per serving and loaded with protein!