Beans are not just for vegetarians!
Perfect as a warming entree or as a side dish to roasted pork loin, fish, or a delicious roasted rosemary lemon chicken, this White Bean Soup gets its slightly smoked flavor from pancetta and smoked paprika. To make an even heartier, nutritious meal, serve with cooked quinoa in the bottom of the bowl or add some diced avocado on top.
This was the Recipe of the Week on The Bikini Lifestyles Show with featured guest, Elisa Zied and her book “Younger Next Week”. Hear the free podcast here: Younger Next Week
Serving size: 500 grams (about 1 1/2 cups)
Saturated fat: 1.6g
A great source of vitamins A, C, and iron. High in vitamin B6.
Nutrition analysis from CalorieCount.com Recipe Analyzer In this calorie-slashing collection, The Bikini Chef® Susan Irby offers recipes for switching up ingredients that keep calories to a minimum. Complete with serving-size suggestions and “Skinny Secret” shortcuts to trim calories in little ways, here you’ll get expertly crafted recipes that include offerings for every meal of the day!
Books by The Bikini Chef®:
The Bikini Chef® Diet
Substitute Yourself Skinny
Boost Your Metabolism
The Complete Idiot’s Guide Quinoa Cookbook
The Clean Separation
$7 Healthy Meals
$7 Quick and Easy Meals
$7 Pressure Cooker Meals
Cooking With Susan : Southern Family Favorites
Smoked White Bean Soup
Smoked White Bean SoupBeans are not just for vegetarians! Perfect as a warming entree or as a side dish to roasted pork loin, fish, or a delicious roasted rosemary lemon chicken, this White Bean Soup gets its slightly smoked flavor from pancetta and smoked paprika.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 14.5 ounce cans low sodium white beans
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large stockpot or saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and pancetta and saute about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, cardamom, cumin, paprika, tomatoes, and beans.
- Stir to combine and saute about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cover pan with lid and simmer over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Serve in 1 1/2 cup servings sprinkled with equal amounts of parmesan cheese.